Monday, March 8, 2010

Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole --FREEZABLE


Ok, so I tried this recipe and we LOVE it! I normally use a standard white sauce and add lots of cheese, but this one is just a bit different.

FREEZING: When I make this, I make a double batch and I put half in a Gallon Zip Lock bag...double the bag. And Freeze Flat. Then thaw and put in Casserole Dish for 1 hr @ 350 degrees. Add Cheese last 10 mins of baking!

Recipe:

1 -24oz bag of cubed Hash Browns
1/2 cup Onion, minced
2 -10.75 oz cans Cream of Celery (I used 1 Crm. Mushroom & 1 Celery)
1 -8oz pkg Cream Cheese
1 1/2 Cups of Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Cups Ham, cubed
1/4 tsp. Pepper

Soften Cream Cheese and cream together with Soup. Stir in Onions, Ham, Cheese and Pepper. Break apart Hash Browns and gently stir into cheese mixture. Then either place in baking dish or zip lock bag! Label and freeze! YUM!
**You may need to bake the casserole a bit longer than 1 hr if not cooked all of the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment