Thursday, May 6, 2010

Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans

Ok, so I get weekly emails from Betty Crocker and I LOVE it! So this is what came up this past week for Cinco De Mayo. This made 2 full meals for us and it was perfect. I didn't have any packaged Taco seasoning...so I made my own. I will include the recipe for that too. YOU CAN MAKE A BULK RECIPE FOR THE SEASONING TO KEEP IT ON HAND!

Taco Seasoning (2 tbls): (you can cut back on the red pepper if you don't like it spicy!)
1 TBLS Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper

Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans **VERY flavorful!!!
3 Chicken Breasts - slightly frozen and slice into strips (COOK in Skillet)
**add**
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1 can Corn (drained)
1 can Beans (drained) **I used Pinto
2 TBLS Taco Seasoning

This would also work in the freezer. Just place in Zip lock bag!!!
This is great served with Corn bread, Chips (even crushed chips), and quesadillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment