Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken & Rice (Freezable)

2 lbs Chicken Tenders
1/2 TBLS Garlic Salt
1 TBLS Peanut Oil
1 -20 oz. can of Pineapple Rings
1/4 cup Honey
3 TBLS Lime Juice
2 TBLS Soy Sauce
1 TBLS Corn Starch

Sprinkle Chicken with Garlic Salt. Brown in oil. Drain Pineapple into a cup. Add 1/4 of P. juice to skillet. Cover and simmer 6-8 mins. (or longer) until Chicken is golden. Remove chicken. Add Honey, Lime juice, Soy Sauce, Cornstarch and remainder of P. juice. Bring to boil. Cook and Stir until thick. Add Chicken and place Pineapple rings on top and cover to heat rings.

**If FREEZING-- Remove sauce from heat and let cool. Place Sauce in a smaller freezer bag and place Chicken and P. Rings in large bag and and put together in a freezer bag and label.

**To serve-- Thaw. Heat until sauce is hot and bubbly and chicken is heated through.


RICE
**Ok, for this I used my Rice Cooker and it turned out great!
1 1/2 Cups Rice, uncooked (I did 2 of the rice meas. cups worth)
1 tsp. Butter
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Lemon Peel, grated (I didn't have this on hand)
1/4 tsp. Pepper
2 Cups Chicken Broth (I poured it to the 2 cup line in my cooker)
2 tsp. Parsley Flakes, dried (I forgot that part)
Combine all of this in rice cooker and stir (or do it on the stove top). It worked out GREAT!!! Very flavorful! You can also cool the rice and place it in a Freezer bag for a side dish for another day!
We loved this meal, Maddie especially! I didn't make enough of this to freeze, so we will just have leftovers tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment