Friday, February 5, 2010

Banana Bread -Eat or Freeze

Well, I am allergic to Bananas so I have never tried this. But it is Larry's favorite! I had some extra bananas yesterday when I was going to dehydrate some Bananas and Apples, so I thought Larry would love some bread when he got home! The only recipe I have used is the Betty Crocker Banana Bread recipe right out of the book. I do use the Crisco instead of butter

1 3/4 C. Flour (divided)
2/3 c. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 C. Mashed Bananas ( 2-3 ripe Bananas) (I use a potato masher)
1/3 c. Crisco
2 TBLS Milk
2 Eggs
1/4 c. Nuts (optional)
In large bowl combine 1 Cup of Flour, Sugar, Powder, Soda, and Salt. Then add mashed Bananas, Crisco and Milk. Mix on low until blended, then mix on high for 2 mins. Add Eggs and the last 3/4 cup of Flour and Nuts.
Pour batter into greased loaf pan (8x4x2).
Bake @ 350 degrees for 55-60 mins., check with toothpick. Let cool or eat warm! Enjoy!
Dry ingredients w/ Crisco, Milk and Bananas.with Eggs and 3/4 cup Flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment