Friday, February 5, 2010

Bulk Spaghetti Sauce

I found this recipe online @ http://www.freezerdinner.blogspot.com/ She has been my inspiration for doing all of these freezer meals and I can't wait for her new book to come out! I will let you all know when it does! She used this recipe for different dishes ...ie...Spaghetti, Ravioli, Lasagna, Manicotti, etc. I made this and I made 3 Lasagnas ?(1 9x13 and 2 foil lasagna pans) and had and extra back of Spaghetti sauce.
2 Lbs Ground Beef, browned (she uses Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage)
2 Onions, chopped
1/2 Green Pepper, chopped (I didn't have any on hand to use)
2 tsp Garlic, minced
5 Jars of Spaghetti Sauce (It was WAY cheaper to use the GIANT can of Tom. sauce from Costco!!!)
2 28 oz. cans Italian-style Stewed Tomatoes, diced (I used the GIANT one from Costco-cheaper)--I only used about 2/3 of the can and froze the rest in a Zip Lock Bag.
2 cans Black Olives, sliced (Optional)


You can also add anything else that you like in your sauces!

**Simmer all together (in a huge pot). Make the meals with the sauce or let cool and Freeze in individual Gallon Zip Lock Bags. I would double bag this!
Ok, so I am living proof that anyone can do freezer meals. If you are making a regular meal...just buy double (you should have them on hand anyways) and spend a few extra minutes and make 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment