Friday, February 5, 2010

Easy Meatloaf -FREEZABLE

Ok, so there's tons of recipes out there for Meatloaf...but the easiest one I have ever made was from my friend Rita (shout out!!!) I twisted it a bit yesterday though and it turned out GREAT!
I got a big pack of Ground Beef (3 LB) and started with that.


1 loaf of Meatloaf:


1 - 1/2 LB Ground Beef
1 Pkg of dry Stove Top (it already has the bread and seasonings)
1 Egg
1/2 tsp minced Garlic
1/4 -1/2 c. Ketchup (I just squeezed in a bunch)


2 med or 3 small Meatloaves: {wow I have never typed that plural before : ) }

3 LB Ground Beef
2 Pkg of dry Stove Top
2 Eggs
1 tsp of minced Garlic
1/2-1 C Ketchup (again...I just squeezed a bunch in)


***So, I don't like mixing things with my hands, or even touching RAW meat, so I used my Kitchen Aid. I have the smaller version of it so the bowl barely holds the 3 LB. I had to completely disinfect the machine after since the meat got everywhere, but hey, it did the job.


MIX: So I just added EVERYTHING in the mixer on low until it was thoroughly mixed. I used gloves and dumped it out into a foil lined dish. When cooked the grease will still get everywhere, so be careful. I shaped the meat in how ever many loaves I need, large or small.


Bake @ 4oo degrees. 40 min (small-med) 1 hr ( large). Keep and eye out so it doesn't burn. You can take it out to check if it is still pink.


Half way through you can brush Ketchup (or even a Ketchup & Brown Sugar mix) on top, then finish baking! YUM! Enjoy!


I served this last night with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Peas. I told my youngest that it was a giant meatball cut up....it worked!
***Ok, so we didn't eat all of this, so we just froze what was left over (1 meatloaf) in a gallon Zip Lock bag. It should keep for a few months!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you could use ground turkey to reduce the fat content??

    ReplyDelete