Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Honey BBQ Ribs (Pork) - FREEZABLE


Ok, so this has to be one of my FAVORITES so far! I made and froze this before trying it and it was so worth it!!! I want to bottle this sauce! I served it with the Rice recipe from the Enchilada Post, but I will post it again with this. I made it minus the Lemon.

I bought 3 lbs of Prok Ribs (I guess you could use any type of meat and any cut) I bought 2 pkgs adding to the 3 lbs, there were 11 ribs total. Plenty for 2 meals (at least for my family).

*BBQ Pork RIBS

3 lbs boneless Pork Ribs
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 Cup Ketchup
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Spicy Brown Mustard
2 Tbls Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Tlb Liquid Smoke (either Hickory or Mesquite)

* Place Pork Ribs in bottom of slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hrs. Drain and discard liquid. Reduce heat to LOW. In a bowl, combine Garlic Salt, Pepper, Ketchup, Brown Sugar, Honey, Spicy Brown Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, and Liquid Smoke. Mix well. Pour over Ribs in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 more hours. Remove from slow cooker and allow to cool. Place in freezer bag. Label and freeze. Or EAT!!!!

*To serve, Thaw and heat in microwave for a few minutes.

FINGER LICKIN' GOOD!!!!


***Rice (I made this in the Rice Cooker) Super flavorful!

2 Cups Rice (I use the measuring cup from the rice cooker)
1 tsp Butter
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Cups Chicken Broth
2 tsp Parsley Flakes, dried

Combine all and cook! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment